Sanitation Manager – Indiana
Maintain integrity of the product quality and safety by ensuring that all bakery equipment, structural and storage facilities, depots, and transportation equipment are following Good Manufacturing Processes and Federal, State, and local food protection standards, and the company’s corporate programs.
- Manages, evaluates, motivates, and directs sanitation initiatives for Plant Sanitation supervision and crew.
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards and systems to monitor food safety, and facility cleanliness.
- Ensure compliance and monitors standards for local sanitation manpower, and supply expenses.
- Inspects, monitors, educates, local bakery departments regarding food safety and cleanliness in the handling, production, and transportation of ingredients and finished products.
- Ensures supplier ingredients meet acceptable standards to produce consistent, safe, quality products.
- Promotes safety through work procedures, orderly work environments, and employee safety programs.
- Ensures compliance with contractual and labor relations issues
- Promotes Company EEO policies, and other company and local work policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent – Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- More than six years of sanitation experience in a food manufacturing environment
- More than three years’ experience as an Assistant Manager or Supervisor is preferred
- Oral and Written Communication – Effective
- Setting and Achieving Goals – Successfully coaches, trains, and follows up with people to ensure sanitation goals are met.
- Personal Computer Skills – Familiar with MS Excel and Word
- Understands Good Manufacturing Practices.
- General knowledge of equipment used in bakeries and depots for production, storage, and transfer of products, and cleaning practices for that equipment; understands bakery equipment cleaning practices.
- Work Planning, Organization and Execution – works to budgets in controlling labor and equipment; Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Employee communications and motivation skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Operational Efficiency.
- Problem identification and resolution.
- Supply Chain and Supply Chain Best Practices – knowledge of inspecting, receiving and storing ingredients and wrapping materials in warehouses and bulk food bins.
- Environment, HVAC, and Safety.
- Implements HACCP (hazard analysis critical control points).
- Understands allergens and mold issues.
- Rodent, bird and insect pest control experience, including use of chemical and non-chemical controls.
- Experience and certification in the proper and safe use of pesticides and cleaners in bakeries and depots.
- Understanding of the American Institute of Baking inspection procedures.
- Empowerment, Collaboration, Motivation, and Enthusiasm – supervisory skills; demonstrates leadership by influencing others in implementing sanitation programs through effective communication, individual technical knowledge, and training.
- Experience in scheduling, training, and directing cleaning crews.
This facility manufactures a variety of food products. They are expanding operations across the country to satisfy the consistent demand of today’s growing market. They take pride in manufacturing the highest quality products by utilizing advanced production technology in conjunction with top notch quality control guidelines. They are looking for talent that can grow with the company. They bring an excellent home work life balance, making this an incredible opportunity to become part of an amazing team.