Production Supervisor – Kentucky
Responsible for managing the day to day production requirements including the safety, quality and performance results across the barrel warehousing department. Responsible for coordinating the activities and processes involved in the barreling of distillate, movement and storage of unaged and aged product and coordinating transportation needs. Manages in a collective bargaining environment, maintaining a safe, orderly and efficient work environment, ensuring product quality and supporting organizational goals and objectives. The Warehouse Supervisor will manage the staff to ensure accurate inventory, storage and removal of barrels across all locations to drive to drive continuous improvement in the operation.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with other department employees to ensure daily production demands are met, achieve KPI’s and correct issues as they arise.
- Shall implement continuous improvement actions to close gaps of KPI’s or increase productivity as needed. Lead and/or participate in Root Cause Problem Solving (RCPS) to solve problems by attempting to identify and correct the root causes of events, as opposed to simply addressing their symptoms.
- Ensure all barrels are accurately recorded using the warehouse management system.
- Provide information for and adhere to annual departmental operating budget.
- Maintain compliance with all GMP, ISO and food safety standards related to the warehouse department.
- Supervise a team of hourly employees in a way that complies with Union contract ways of working while engaging the team in department accountabilities and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and all other regulatory requirements.
- In coordination with the site EH&S Manager, ensure all operations comply with GMP practices, food safety and site safety rules.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a warehouse environment – preferably barrel storage.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience supervising people in a Union environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with SAP and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in inventory management, material handling and transportation systems is needed.
- Working knowledge of barrel warehousing, preferably in the spirits category.
- Proven ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to manage people effectively, develop capabilities and continuously improve results.
- Proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of TTB regulations, ISO requirements and Food Safety processes a plus.
- Experience with Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodologies a plus.
This leading beverage company and international powerhouse has a comprehensive award-winning portfolio of iconic brands. They have a passion for their products and employees, with a strong commitment to profitable growth, focus on brand building, innovation and excellence in production. This world-famous company is unrivaled among distributors, retailers and consumers. Culturally, this workplace is known for it’s very high level of personal employee engagement, open door policy, team building, health and wellness perks, and top-notch compensation and benefit plans.