Maintenance Manager – California
Manages the plant maintenance budget/personnel and central utilities building operation focusing on meeting plant production goals and financial objectives, performs duties in a professional manner and ensuring the safety of plant personnel. Directly supports the implementation and maintenance of plant equipment, systems, facilities, and other fixed assets to a high standard of safety, quality and productivity at the lowest possible cost while maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements. Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Maintenance of all plant manufacturing equipment, Spare part room, facilities, utilities, and systems on a 24-hr x 7-days per week operation schedule.
- Operation of the Central Utilities Building and Waste Water Equalization system (24-hr x 7 days/wk).
- Department expense and payroll budget management for Plant Maintenance and Central Utilities Building.
- Administration of the plant Preventative Maintenance program and CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System), and the plant Calibration Program.
- Manages Operational performance (uptime) of plant manufacturing systems.
- Ensures compliance to all GMP’s, housekeeping /sanitation, safety, training and regulatory agency requirements.
- Contributes to the development of long-term business and organizational strategies. Supports the development of the plant’s near and long-term capital plan for both Financial and Non-Financial projects.
- Defines roles and responsibilities. Directs efforts of internal and external resources.
- Coordinates with corporate or divisional purchasing for procurement of equipment and / or services and contracting. Effectively leverages and manages services and suppliers.
- Benchmarks with other sites and division/corporate experts.
- Anticipates and identifies areas of risk and mitigates risks through risk assessments and implementation of fallback/mitigation strategies.
- Mentors others by sharing information and providing feedback and guidance.
- Prepares written communication. Conveys information effectively through formal and informal documents with team members, engineers, technicians, and other support personnel, both internal and external to the company, using appropriate communication protocols; obtains approval to proceed with proposed action plans.
- Establishes networks. Follows through on goals; contributes willingly and incorporates the ideas of others; shares resources, knowledge, and accountability to benefit the objectives of the business.
- Builds relationships. Initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments, e.g. offers assistance; interacts effectively with stakeholders at appropriate levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate accountability and responsibility for Environmental Health and Safety performance and compliance through active participation and support of the company’s EHS program.
- Complies with all regulations and standards for quality, Environmental, Health, Safety, and Energy (EHS&E) Global Policies, Company Engineering Standards, and other governance areas as applicable.
- Ensures quality and effectiveness of assigned tasks.
- Has awareness of the potential consequences of changes to established processes.
- Identifies areas of risk with respect to compliance.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
- A Subject Matter Expert in the maintenance function. Participates on internal, cross-divisional teams to develop and align procedures and standards. Participates on group or divisional task forces.
- Anticipates and resolves problems and crisis situations requiring fast, astute decisions with rapid implementation by utilizing technical training and / or experience.
- Directs accountability to the Plant Engineering manager, and ultimately the Site Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, science, Food Technology, Business, Material Resource Planning, or closely related discipline
- 10+ years of significant maintenance, engineering and/or operational experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A career history marked by a consistent series of contributions and accomplishments.
- Prior supervisory experience and strong leadership skills required.
- Interacts well with diverse groups and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment, listens to and understands others’ points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one’s own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- A background in health care, nutritional products, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, pharmaceutical, or similar industries under FDA regulation (preferred).
- Demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control with prior departmental budgeting experience.
- Understanding and management of procurement & contracting processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience using Microsoft Project and Maximo is desired.
This is an opportunity to go to work for an industry leader in the pharmaceutical and nutrition industry. A Forbes top 150 company which can offer an outstanding career path for the right individuals. They are a very employee centric company and are always looking for new ways to improve employee happiness and work-life balance. Currently looking to fill a multitude of opportunities across the country in various states. Here are just a few of the outstanding benefits this company offers its employees highly competitive compensation, phenomenal health benefits, retirement plans, and tuition reimbursement.