Site Quality Manager – Indiana
Manage and ensure food safety and quality of all ingredients packaging and finished products. Take responsibility and accountability for the safe and effective use of materials and equipment and ensure compliance with defined policies and procedures including regulatory, GMP’s, HACCP, and GFSI. SOP’s. Fulfill role of company Practitioner for a GFSI recognized Quality System developing, validating, verifying and maintaining that system. To assume responsibility for the oversight and management of facility sanitation and pest control programs. Train and mentor employees towards individual and team continuous improvements.
- Develops and implements site GFSI food safety system to ensure that quality standards are achieved and maintained.
- Develops specifications for food safety programs to comply with all regulatory and 3rd party standard
- Maintains all required documentation per established guidelines.
- Manages 3rd party audit process including FDA, Kosher, BRC and select independent auditors
- Schedule and facilitate a meeting with the HACCP Food Safety Team and Senior Management to communicate results of the annual system review and actions taken to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the GFSI System.
- With Senior Management and the HACCP Food Safety Team identify and schedule training required to ensure all relevant personnel implement and understand system changes properly.
- Manages Quality training for new hire orientation training.
- Manages training program for quality topics.
- Must have a degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related field
- BA/BS is preferred.
- HACCP Certification from a recognized HACCP Training Course and the experience and competence to implement and maintain HACCP based Food Safety Plans.
- Computer skills are required with proficiency using Windows and Excel.
- Good time management, attention to detail, problem solving, and the ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Ability to assess product visually and by smell, taste, and touch.
- Ability to multi-task in a continually changing fast-paced environment.
This facility manufactures a variety of well-known food products. They are expanding operations across the country to satisfy the consistent demand of today’s growing market. They take pride in manufacturing the highest quality products by utilizing advanced production technology in conjunction with top notch quality control guidelines. They are looking for talent that can grow with the company. They bring an excellent home work life balance, making this an incredible opportunity to become part of an amazing team.