Senior Sanitation Supervisor – Florida
Directs and assigns sanitation workers as required to clean and maintain floors, walls, equipment and the facility in high sanitary conditions as set forth in BRC standards and FDA laws. Responsible for following food safety requirements pertaining to BRC, GMP and any other legal or legislative rules and / or regulations.
- Consistent and punctual attendance each scheduled workday. Reports to work fit for duty and sustain fitness throughout the day.
- Responsible for food safety requirements pertaining to BRC, AIB, GMP and all other legal or legislative rules and / or regulations that apply.
- Performs various functions and duties following written or verbal instruction as directed by the QA Manager.
- Able to lift up-to 50lbs
- Directs and assigns employees to achieve sanitation standards as written in the Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s).
- Schedules cleaning tasks in accordance with the Company’s Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Disassembles and re-assembles production equipment as required.
- Ensures that employees use the appropriate cleaning utensils and wash, rinse and sanitize assigned equipment or areas as directed.
- Assigns the collection and disposal of reject dough and trash.
- Ensures that sanitation employees follow strict safety rules and wear appropriate PPE when handling cleaning chemicals.
- Attends periodic training to become knowledgeable of chemical handling procedures and MSDS’s.
- Ensures that sanitation employees understand and follow proper chemical handling procedures.
- Performs a follow-up inspection of all cleaning performed to verify proper cleaning was performed and reassigns cleaning task if required.
- Ensures that all equipment and PPE are properly stored at the end of the shift and performs a final walk-through at the end of the shift, paying attention to detail.
- Maintains work area and equipment to company and sanitary standards.
- Abides by Company safety rules and performs duties in a safe manner at all times.
- Performs any/all other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or have a GED equivalency. Prior Bakery experience a plus, but not required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, decimals, baker’s percent, area, circumference, density, and volume
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have some basic computer skills and a working knowledge of Word Processing and Excel
- Forklift and scissor lift certificates a plus
Leading international food manufacturing group with over 100 years of expertise and a passion for quality products. As a leading manufacturer in over 20 countries, this company crafts their products with only gourmet, high-quality ingredients, no preservatives and authentic old-fashioned recipes that have stood the test of time. Together this billion-dollar company and their Farmer Owned platform is deeply motivated in Research & Development, and sustainability. The culture is based on trust, care, mutual respect and transparency with building relationships within. This is an exciting opportunity to become a leader on this team, in a very desirable part of the country. Apply today!