Senior Project Engineer – New York
Provide engineering conceptual and detail design on capital projects and major maintenance projects.
- Responsible for design, project maintenance, equipment specifications, cost estimating and field oversight.
- Efficiently and effectively manage successful capital projects, safely, on schedule and on budget.
- Provide technical support as needed to safety & environmental staff and to maintenance personnel for Preventive Maintenance Programs.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 – 10 years’ experience or Masters with 4 – 6 years’ experience (Degree in Mechanical or Chemical engineering. Food manufacturing)
- Minimum three years of mechanical/process design experience in a food or pharmaceutical environment.
- Minimum three years in layout, design and construction of fluid transfer systems.
- The ability to estimate project cost.
- Ability to oversee and direct construction disciplines.
- Good working knowledge of pumps, valves, piping etc.
- Understanding and working knowledge of API and ANSI standards.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work in the outside elements.
- Communicate effectively across various technical disciplined departments.
- Ability to perform climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling and moderate lifting.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, over water and not be afraid of heights.
This is a unique multinational, fast moving consumer goods, and business to business company aiming to stay successful in an ever-changing and increasingly complex business world. Their farmers/suppliers also have ownership and can guarantee the high quality of all their products. Next to a supply-driven business, their portfolio consists of many strong commercial brands all over the world, and the innovation centers have a focus on producing healthy, nutritious, quality, well-balanced, and tasty foods. These products find their way to more than 100 countries resulting in over $10 Billion dollars in annual revenue. Their success lies in adding more value while understanding what customers and consumers are looking for. Doing fair business and a having a sustainable vision for growth for the company and farmers is a fundamental element in their DNA and their culture is open and transparent. If you are looking to work for a company that truly values talent, and want to contribute to something bigger, apply today!