Quality Manager – New York
This position is responsible as member of Management Team to develop the annual plan with respect to quality objectives in line with the QA operations annual plan and strategy, that the quality of the products is in line with the agreed customer specifications, manages customer relations and supervises customer interest from quality perspective, and guarantees quality assurance in line with legislation and company rules (auditing and evaluations), resulting in compliance processes with ISO-architecture, FSSC, Halal, GMP, HACCP, etc. and product quality in line with specifications. Individual is also responsible for food safety and quality of all products going into the market, the product release system, complaints, customer satisfaction, customers/ authority audit results, issue/ crisis management, MQI/ IQI’s, and other food safety and quality related topics.
- Advises management proactively on quality and food safety issues, and ensures the awareness on these issues in decision-making, improve the professionalization and minimize the related business and operational risks.
- Sets target and prioritizations and advices the plant manager for Q & FS KPI’s on operation including and maintains 5S standards
- Implements and executes continuous operational quality improvements according to Plan Do Check Act systems, develops and implements specification management assuring standards setting and compliance, good hygiene and housekeeping standards, develops and monitors operational QA Key Performance Indicators
- Manages complaints and ensures appropriate settlement, trend reporting and advices management and takes proactive actions based on trends
- Analyses root cause in cases of severe quality issues and noncompliance
- Deliver the QA support to operation in local strategic projects & activities
- Leads the implementation of procedures/instructions. Defines and manages QA related business processes and supports and monitors implementation. Is responsible for the monitoring & reporting on compliance of Operations regarding Q & FS KPI’s
- Informs Operations on developments in the areas of QA, FS and Regulation. Leads decision-making on how to follow up developments in the area of QA, FS and Regulation with the aim to comply and to minimize the related business risks
- Manages quality related projects across locations within agreed time and budget.
- Manages the CAPA framework, including quality platforms and ensures a CAPA solving capacity at an appropriate level, resulting in timely finishing and delivery of the actions, and change policy and enforcement, qualitative training portfolio ensuring quality awareness and competence amongst employees, sourcing, developing and implementing quality training schedules
- Leads local QA in professionalization of decision-making during crisis to minimize related business risks, and acts as Authority in QMS including risk assessment and CAPA
- Drives continuous improvement in Quality Management at the location
- Manages the human resources management process in compliance with the Human Resources Management policy for own team.
- Controls the budget of the QA department, takes corrective actions when necessary, and ensures adequate reporting, to ensure that the department delivers their budgets.
- Foqus FS & Q Auditor, Supplier auditor, Internal auditor
- Maintains contacts with relevant individuals, companies and (international) institutions, within corporate, resulting in up-to-date knowledge on (international) trends and developments on food safety/food legislation issues and affairs.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Quality Manager in an FDA regulated facility.
- Proven scientific and personnel leadership in Quality Management in the Food and Beverage Industry.
- Knowledge of trends and developments on food safety/food legislation, issues and affairs.
- Proactive leadership skills.
- Familiar with team dynamics and human resources management. Must have proven organizational and interpersonal skills; coaching/mentoring skills to facilitate knowledge sharing. Problem solving abilities, creativity, efficient time management. Analytical and conceptual thinking. Efficient use of networking. Proven decision-making skills.
This is a unique multinational, fast moving consumer goods, and business to business company aiming to stay successful in an ever-changing and increasingly complex business world. Their farmers/suppliers also have ownership they can guarantee the high quality of all our products. Next to a supply-driven business, our portfolio consists of many strong commercial brands all over the world, and our innovation centers have a focus on producing healthy, nutritious, quality, well-balanced, and tasty foods. These products find their way to more than 100 countries resulting in over $10 Billion dollars in annual revenue. Their success lies in adding more value while understanding what customers and consumers are looking for. Doing fair business and a having a sustainable vision for growth for the company and farmers is a fundamental element in their DNA and their culture is open and transparent. If you are looking to work for a company that truly values talent, and want to contribute to something bigger, Apply Today!