Process Engineer – Purification – Illinois
Providing Plant Engineering support to the protein purification manufacturing department. The main focus of this role will be to directly support the assigned manufacturing department with engineering services and process equipment and facility lifecycle management to continuously improve plant safety, technical compliance, and equipment/process reliability.
- Ensure the technical reliability as well as the work and plant safety of production facilities in the assigned manufacturing department.
- Planning of necessary technical changes and replacement investments on the basis of weak-point/bottleneck analyses and long-term, obsolescence strategies.
- Ensure technical documentation in the assigned manufacturing department is up-to-date incl. archiving of technical documents.
- Ensure facilities are compliant with the government codes.
- Update maintenance and calibration plans collaborating with the engineering facility expert groups.
- Budget planning such as Scope and User Requirements for replacement and upgrade measures (long-term, obsolescence strategy).
- Performing and updating risk analysis of technical processes to identify critical equipment and optimization of maintenance approaches.
- Managing of upgrade and small investment projects (with an investment normally covered by an ACAR).
- Support assigned manufacturing department in the assessment and handling of technical deviations.
- Support assigned manufacturing department by creating technical Change-Control requests.
- Supports projects by participating on project teams as Manufacturing Engineering representative.
- Coordinating/Overseeing technical shutdowns in assigned manufacturing department.
- Completes any other duties/responsibilities assigned by senior management.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 2 years of engineering experience within a manufacturing facility, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental engineering principles and applications.
- Solid understanding of cGMP guidelines.
- Preferred candidate will have bulk and/or purification pharmaceutical process experience.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Project, Excel and Word with specific strength in graphing functions.
This global organization is one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies with a comprehensive line of therapies dedicated to the treatment of hemophilia, immune, wound-healing, and other coagulation disorders. They have experienced phenomenal growth over the past decade and are in the midst of a 10 year, $1B expansion, increasing capacity by 300% at the site! They offer a fantastic work culture dedicated to employee growth with a philosophy of “We know that when our employees grow individually and professionally, the company grows with them – and patients get the best care and attention they need.”