Principal Cell Development Scientist – Indiana
To technically understand, develop, and improve cell culture media, cell banks and cell culture processes and operations, adhering to customer, regulatory, safety and environmental requirements and guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge gained through industrial experience in the application of molecular biology techniques to the generation of production cell line generation particularly in CHO based systems.
- Develop economical and robust expression paradigms for recombinant proteins through media development and cell line generation.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the techniques and processes and apply the technical knowledge to assist in the development and implementation of the process that is suitable for manufacturing.
- Develop expression vectors for commercial cell line applications.
- Develop and create cell lines suitable for the cGMP manufacturing of biotherapeutics.
- Maintain necessary documentation including process development reports, technical transfer records and process related documentation.
- Mentor associate scientists and develop positive collaborations with tech service, manufacturing and business development leads.
- Must work and interact effectively with and for others to achieve company goals.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Must meet company attendance requirements.
- Must maintain company project quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective oral and written communications throughout various levels of the organization and with external clients.
- Ability to work in collaborative and independent situations and environments.
- Ability to maintain work efficiency and quality in fast paced situations
- PhD in Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related area or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of academic or industrial experience (subsequent to a postdoctoral fellowship) studying or working with a wide variety of systems (bacteria, yeast, insect, mammalian cells) suitable for expressing recombinant protein products and experience in the current theory and practice of cell culture.
- 5 years’ supervisory experience preferred
- Must have strong analytical skills and experience with cell culture.
- Must have appropriate laboratory (shake flask and bioreactor) experience/training as well as strong mechanical aptitude.
- Exhibit strong leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be independent, multi-tasking and results-oriented with a hands-on attitude in a fast-paced environment
The growing trend of monoclonal antibody discovery has inspired this company to embark on a bold new undertaking. As a proven leader in life sciences, they are bringing its legendary innovation to a groundbreaking contract biopharmaceutical manufacturing organization that will develop and manufacture mammalian cell culture-based biopharmaceuticals for pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial use. They are located within a short drive of a metropolitan area in the Midwest in a highly desirable city described by the Washington Post as a “Cultural Powerhouse”, known for wine vineyards, 5 star restaurants, museums and art studios, excellent schools, and a University rated as one of the top 5 most beautiful in the country.