Maintenance Supervisor – Ohio
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for providing effective leadership, direction, development, and support of all subordinates to establish a resourceful environment; producing the highest quality products while operating within fiscal constraints; material utilization and OPI goals; adhering safety guidelines; maintaining positive employee relations; and maintaining labor and overhead budgets. Responsible for providing timely feedback to respective management.
- Repair Manage the preventive and predictive maintenance programs, maintenance line support, and the department and plant maintenance budgets, also coordinate plant shutdown assignments, provide capital project input and support as well as overseeing the maintenance resources necessary to assure the production plan is met and/or exceeded while maintaining a zero-incident safety mindset, teamwork attitude and excellent customer service.
- Assure compliance to all procedures and policies concerning all areas of quality, regulatory, safety and human resources.
- Review and verify Work Orders and shift documentation. Assure that maintenance schedules are formulated to maximum plant advantage and ensure schedules are met. Responsible for the accuracy of the documentation required to support maintenance work.
- Assure timely and relevant communications to and from all levels. This includes assuring communications to Department Manager, between shifts and to related departments.
- Directly select, train, and supervise employees, assure employees understand duties and responsibilities, and review and appraise employee performance against established expectations and company policies. Review and or initiate all personnel and organizational changes for the respective shift. Coach, develop, and mentor employees in areas of responsibility. Develop growth plans; interpret, implement, and supports, employee-related policies, procedures and programs. Assign tasks to direct staff.
- Assist in the implementation of improvement projects as assigned by the Department Manager. Provide leadership and valuable participation in team activities that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the Plant.
- Assure financial performance goals are met (such as operating effectiveness, repair parts costs and overtime utilization). Assist in the development of departmental budgets, PMs and predictive maintenance tasks. Has input into all changes including updates, cost improvements and plans. Is responsible for the financial performance of the assigned shift such that budgetary commitments are met. Make recommendations on capital investments.
- Supervise the resources for Preventive/Predictive Maintenance.
- Customer interface (in support of uptime and meeting production plan) through and/or daily performance review meetings.
- Lead capital plant projects or process improvement initiatives (i.e. BEx).
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5 +years leadership experience or equivalent. Previous experience as a mechanic, electrician, or instrument tech beneficial. Extensive experience in leading/managing projects or process improvement initiatives; Previous Lean Six Sigma training beneficial. Extensive experience in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues. Strong, proven leadership experience required with an emphasis on supervision of direct reports and influence senior leadership. Previous experience in generating and managing financial budgets.
- Candidate must successfully demonstrate/possess a strong work ethic, safety-conscious philosophy (i.e. zero-incident mindset), strong customer service, excellent communication skills, initiative, strong technical knowledge, planning and organizing, teamwork, attention to detail, strong problem solving skills and prior knowledge of computer systems (i.e. Windows desktop software).
- Manage maintenance line support, manage/support the department and plant maintenance budgets, coordinate plant shutdown assignments, provide capital project input and support as well as overseeing the maintenance resources necessary to assure the production plan is met and/or exceeded while maintaining a zero-incident safety mindset, teamwork attitude and excellent customer service.
This is an opportunity to go to work for an industry leader in the pharmaceutical and nutrition industry. A Forbes top 150 company which can offer an outstanding career path for the right individuals. They are a very employee centric company and are always looking for new ways to improve employee happiness and work-life balance. Currently looking to fill a multitude of opportunities across the country in various states. Here are just a few of the outstanding benefits this company offers its employees highly competitive compensation, phenomenal health benefits, retirement plans, and tuition reimbursement.