Equipment Engineer – California
Responsible for applying scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics and ingenuity to complete basic engineering assignments. Responsible for planning and conducting small-sized assigned projects requiring conventional types of plans, investigations and / or equipment. Participates and/or assists other engineers in project tasks by applying standard engineering theories, concepts and techniques. Applies standard engineering principles and methodologies to interpret problems. Creates/modifies designs. Draws conclusions and recommends options for solutions. Responsible for completing documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with business standards. Participate on cross-functional teams to support organizational goals, other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Maintains compliance to all procedures and policies concerning all areas of quality, regulatory, safety, and human resources.
- Assures that production schedules are formulated to maximize plant advantage and ensure schedules are met.
- Ensures accuracy of the documentation required for production.
- Assists in implementation of improvement projects as assigned by the Department Manager.
- Provides leadership and valuable participation in team activities that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the Plant.
- Coordinates timely and relevant communications to and from all levels. (This includes communications to Department Manager, between shifts and to related departments.)
- Directs daily and monthly shift communication meetings.
- Implement and maintain the effectiveness of the Quality System.
- Works under the supervision of more experienced engineers who review results for overall accuracy, completeness and soundness of technical judgment; recognizes risks versus the relative gains associated with actions; understands a project’s critical success factors and makes recommendations and decisions impacting those factors; responsible to meet established objectives and goals; drives functional performance to ensure that cross-functional standards and expectations are met; may assist in the training of personnel as directed by management.
- Responsible for reviewing and developing equipment standard operations procedures and job aids for startup, running and shutdown.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Engineering, science or a closely related discipline is desired) or equivalent technical experience and demonstrated competence required.
- Mechanical engineering background is preferred. Candidates with control engineering, program logic control (PLC) and system integration experience will be a bonus.
- Experience engineer position in which 2-5 years of experience is typical to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position.
- Understand and comply with applicable Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Have good understanding of project management and execute capital and expense projects based on site priority. Manage projects on schedule and within budget range.
- Understand and principle and have experience of using root cause analysis to troubleshoot equipment related issues and can implement effective corrective actions and prevention actions to resolve issue and improve equipment reliability.
- Good understanding of Lean Six Sigma Principles and can execute process improvement projects based on these principles.
This is an opportunity to go to work for an industry leader in the pharmaceutical and nutrition industry. A Forbes top 150 company which can offer an outstanding career path for the right individuals. They are a very employee centric company and are always looking for new ways to improve employee happiness and work-life balance. Currently looking to fill a multitude of opportunities across the country in various states. Here are just a few of the outstanding benefits this company offers its employees highly competitive compensation, phenomenal health benefits, retirement plans, and tuition reimbursement.